The state of alarm is over, so what now? We are now in a three-phase de-escalation process. This started on 9th May.
Here are the three phases and their start dates:
- Phase 1: Stabilization 9th – 31st May
- Phase 2: Advance 1st – 21st June
- Phase 3: Standardisation 21st June onwards
What does it mean?
- Curfew has ended
- You can cross the Andalusian borders to come and go between other areas in Spain
- There are no limits on the amount of people who can meet up in someone’s home
- Areas that have more than 1,000 cases per 100,000 inhabitants in a 14-day period will be closed and non-essential commercial activity will be prohibited within them. (Towns with less than 5,000 inhabitants will be evaluated separately.)
- Four different levels of alert have been created depending on the health situation, these have been created to regulate the capacity allowed in different places.
What does Phase 1 mean for us right now?
➡️The hospitality sector is now allowed to be open until midnight.
Tables are allowed a maximum of up to 8 people indoors and up to 10 outdoors, depending on the level in which each municipality is located.
➡️ Pubs and clubs can be open until 2 am. Dance floors are only authorized outdoors and with face mask, only in level 1 areas. To date, there is no municipality in level 1 in Andalusia.
➡️ At swimming pools and beaches you must maintain a distance of 1.5 meters between others outside the water. The capacity varies depending on the level of alert of the municipality.
➡️ Theatres, shows, bullfights.
Levels 1 and 2: groups of spectators are to be separated from other groups by a seat.
Levels 3 and 4: spectators must be separated by 1.5 meters.